Ever since I moved to my new place almost 2 years ago, the cel phone I had with Sprint has had next to no signal (0 or 1 out of 5-bar signal meter), and couldn't hold a call here because of that. It also seemed like the wireless web part of my account ceased to work at that point as well. I tried to get that part fixed but, a few service calls later, it wasn't improving.
Anyway, this afternoon I got a new phone (paid just over 1/3 of that price for it, counting a rebate), and things have much improved. The signal from the house now is 2-3 out of a 5-bar meter, and the wireless web part is working like a charm (just have to finish setting it up). It's charging at the moment, or I'd still be playing with it :-)